Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > problem with maxiscan ms509
problem with maxiscan ms509

10813 Views 6 Replies Latest reply: 2013-03-24 22:10:10

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    oren16
    2013-01-04 16:24:40
    can't understand how i can connect the device to my pc if i don't have the driver for USB <> serial also, can you send to my email a download link for the latest firmware version for my device if you need any details to send back line my serial no or the s/w and hw or lib versions i will send to en email the you will provide here please give me that support for my model if the firmware update that you will give me a link to download will be ok with every serial no and any s/w or h/w or lib versions i mean to use this firmeware for other devices i'm ordering for a few of my friends, so if the firmware update file/s will fit every ms509 model it will support more then just my device please send me the latest dlc update also is there a chance that in the future you will work on a newer (the the current newest) firmware and dlc updates? thank you very much

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-01-09 21:34:55

MS509 is our old model. I don't know why you still order some for your friends. Now we can provide a better enhanced model AL519, to relace MS509. And I am sorry to tell you we don't do the updates for MS509 any longer.

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    MOGFOCUS44

2013-01-14 06:46:04

I have just bought this model and am setting it up. I am amazed at this situation with non support for such a recent and still readily available model!! Just before I bought it - last week - I sent an email to yourselves requesting some info on it but did not get a reply. I decided to carry on and buy. If you had replied to my email with this info I would not have gone ahead but instead probably bought the non-obsolete model. Poor customer relations!!! At the moment I cannot connect the 509 to my PC as I need drivers to support it. At the least can you make these available? I also think you should be showing loyalty to customers and extend the support time for the 509 and set a reasonable date in the future for non support. I have used your products before and found them excellent and that is why I made this purchase. I feel a bit let down.

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    MOGFOCUS44

2013-01-14 16:43:39

To add, the 509 does cover the veh I intend using it on and it has performed excellently. Shame I cannot update etc!

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    Mech1

2013-01-26 11:45:31

Reply to 2 floor: Let down with no support is an understatement. The MS509 is being sold NEW on the market and Autel doesn't want to supports ??? The mentality this company has seems to be ancient. (Master - slave). What I have noticed using Autels product, is that my idle seems to not be great when I have the unit plugged in and measuring the PIDs. Its as though the MS509 isn't only reading the signals but doing more. After doing some research, I found that the ECU is similar to a computer without a firewall defense that can be hacked ! I will be selling my ms509 on the market. I do not feel safe using a product that has below avg supports, cheaply made, and maybe dangerous. I will put my money into a company that has worked hard and provide supports to their product. Bye Bye

•   Level 1   
    (0) points
    Howard

2013-03-23 21:15:24

Reply tIo 3 floor: I just bought the MS509 and it works fine, but cannot connect to my PC! I have tried to connect to 3 different ones with no success. The installation CD for MAXI-LINK would not work and finally found a download, but still no luck. I wish I had known this was an obsolete, unsupported model !!!

•   Level 10   
    (10965) points
    Autel Support

2013-03-24 22:10:10

Sorry for the troubles. For Howard, since MS509 is an old model, it is not compatible with the latest windows version. Were I you , I would find a PC with windows XP.
  Total1 Pages